Health & Wellness
Yes, scallops are healthy!
Most people know that fish is good for you, but what about other seafoods? Scallops, besides their wonderful taste, also contain a variety of nutrients that can strengthen your cardiovascular health and provide protection against colon cancer.
- Protection against fatal heart arrhythmia
- Help prevent and control high blood pressure
- Protection against stroke
- Eating fish daily provides substantially more protection against heart attack
- Fish, fruit and vegetables protect against deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism
- Protection against cancer
- Omega-3 rich fish protect against colorectal cancer, improves mood and reduces depression
- Fish and whole grains are highly protective against childhood asthma
- Protection against Alzheimer’s and age related cognitive decline
Seafood Nutrition Partnership
Visit the Seafood Nutrition Partnership website at www.seafoodnutrition.org
This interesting and educational non-profit organization’s website is filled with helpful information about the essential nutritional benefits of eating seafood. It includes great seafood recipes, scientific data focusing on the health benefits of a seafood-rich diet, and more.
Delicious Scallop Recipes…
Oceans Fleet Fisheries is the world’s premiere purveyor of quality scallops.
We hope you enjoy these recipes by top New England chefs.
- Seared Scallops in Savory Orange Pesto
- Grilled Scallops in Honey Lavender Vinaigrette
- Tender Scallop Primavera
- Tender Scallop Scampi